Yesterday I got the Liebster Award, which is really fun to get when you’re just starting up a blog. During my last foray into digital media, it took me much longer receive it, so it was a kind surprise. Thank you, Haute Havoc, for thinking of me.
Now, let’s get started, because no one likes a party-pooper who doesn’t get into the Liebster spirit!
1.Share 11 facts about yourself.
2.Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
3.Ask 11 questions of your own.
4.Nominate 11 bloggers.
Fickity-Facts (Say that 11 times fast)
- I am a novice lucid dreamer. I’m still working on controlling it fully, but it makes sleep really exciting
- All my cars have had food names (Apple, Jalapeño, and Pepper.)
- If you talk to me in my sleep I will converse back.
- I’m really self conscious about my pinky toe nails.
- I get really annoyed when people cannot properly pronounce quinoa or acai.
- I wash my face with ground up oatmeal and moisturize with coconut oil and I rarely get a zit. Boosh!
- I not so secretly wish I was Jewish.
- I get really nervous around children.
- Talking about finance and money management gets me really excited (Note: I’m a writing major.)
- I had a Mason jar fetish before it was trendy. #hipster
- 99% of the time the use of the word eclectic really bothers me.
1. Where do you find inspiration or ideas for your blog? Well, I eat a lot of things, and I buy a lot of stuff from the Goodwill, and I’m kind of an InstaWhore, so there is a lot for me to draw on. Plus I have the gift of gab and typing, so there is a lot I can muse about.
2. How often do you sit down and blog, uninterrupted? Do you schedule time for it, or do it on the fly? I schedule small bits 5-6x weekly to check in on my BlogLovin’ account (a much more manageable way to keep track of all the people you are following, IMHO. I find that if I don’t check into WordPress for a week, when I come back I have so many blogs to scroll through, but on BlogLovin’ you have the name of the blog with the number of new posts next to it. It makes the whole process less daunting.) I also am aiming to pin 15 minutes most days out of the week. The writing, though, I kind of do when the mood strikes.
3. What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon? Brunch or diner food with a close friend or the boy; diner’s are homey but brunches have mimosas, and it’s never too early to start drinking 😉 Then some window shopping and a long nap. Plus a wine tasting at the new shop down town. I like being a little tipsy on Sunday, alright?
4. Favorite item in the room you’re in right now? I have 2 Polaroid’s from the 80s or 90s of 2 naked guys sitting on a toilet. They were nestled between the pages of a book someone brought into the Goodwill. I think they add a nice touch to the room and are great conversation starters!
5. What’s a goal you have for 2013? Get a full-time job in the writing world or for a college as a financial aid advisor (worlds apart, right?)
6. What’s the best present you’ve ever received? We do Secret Santa at my house and one year my brother’s fiance got me and gave me, like, 5 bras. Do you know how expensive bras are?! The boobies and I were in heaven.
7. You have to play one song on constant repeat for an entire day. Which song do you choose? Let You Go by Chase & Status Ft. Mali.
8. Last film you saw in theaters and loved? The last movie I saw was The Hobbit, but before that I saw The Dark Knight Rises and was blown away. The fact that they compared it to the Avengers gets me so riled.
9. What is your best talent or skill? I’m a trifecta bacon cooker. I can do it on the stove top, the oven, and even in the microwave perfectly.
10. If you had a super power, what would it be? Flying!
11. What’s your ultimate dream for your blog? How will you measure its “success?” To be something relaxing that people can pop in and out of. I would love to have people converse with me in the comments. And number counts, I suppose. I haven’t really thought to much about it. A writer needs to write and I’ll write, but I’d of course love it if people were reading!
Okay, here is where the buck kind of stops with me. This week I don’t have the time to go looking for 11 new bloggers. But this weekend I’ll most definitely be on the prowl! Pinky swear.